Friday, September 01, 2006

This 'n that
Dom has finally got her laptop. She came home with it on Wednesday afternoon. She still needs this one to go on line for the time being. We’re waiting for the wifi bits and pieces to arrive. She spends quite a lot of her computer time writing, so I have longer to write, visit and tweak. Did I mention that she’s finished her first book? It just needs printing out and sending to the publishers. I haven’t been allowed to read it yet. On Tuesday we’re taking her to Poitiers to enrol. The appointment is before 9 o’clock, I think and it will be at least three hours drive.

Olivier starts lycĂ©e on Monday afternoon. I hope he gets up okay on his own on Tuesday. He said he’ll be okay, like he was when he was on toilet duty in June. There won’t be a financial motivation this time though, we shall see.

This new keyboard is driving us ga-ga. The shift key has to be pressed hard to work. I have to keep going back and correcting capitals and full stops. Dom installed real Word for us, thank goodness. You don’t miss the spell checker until you haven’t got it.

3 comments:

Risa said...

You'll love wifi. We've had it for two years now and I can't imagine life without it ;o) And you can blog from anywhere in the house(if you have a laptop that is...) :o)

Anonymous said...

I don't need a smell checker in my kompewter because, being perfect, I don't not no how effer make misstakes, or even gramaticul errors.

Anji said...

risa: We are looking forward to it. Dom will probably leave the day after it arrives.

keith: LOL Fortunately I wasn't drinking a cup of tea when I read your comment, or the new keyboard would have been ruined.