Friday, February 04, 2005

On the way to the post office
Yesterday I was walking round to the post office to collect the post (we have a post box and pay extra for the privilege of collecting our post), minding my own business, when a stupid thought slipped into my head. I can’t even remember what it was now. Unfortunately, this idea was hysterically funny at the time. I am capable of laughing until I cry. As it was a cold day and I am no longer as young as I used to be, I had to avoid wetting myself. Fortunately, no one was around and I managed to get back my self control.

Today on the same trip I was just wiping my nose when an old man I see from time to time shouted out “Have we got a cold?”, I replied sort of yes and we went on our way. Problem is, he thinks that I am someone else. The first time I saw him he made a remark about the fact that I was on foot. As anyone in this village will tell you Rob and I are famous for our walks. We’re not necessarily known as the “English people”, we are “the couple that walks everywhere”.

No comments: