Sunday, February 13, 2005

J J Audubon
Is famous for his illustrations of animals and birds. When I used to go to art class there was a exhibition of his work in La Rochelle. I didn’t get to the exhibition but one of Rob’s colleagues, who was is charge of posters and displays in the towers sent me a beautiful poster. The girls at art class were really jealous. It is a lovely poster and is still on display in our bathroom.

I’d been thinking about posting something about JJ Audubon for some time but I didn’t really know much about him. A week or so back they were taking about his work on BBC radio. He painted a lot of ‘New World birds and animals, some of which are now extinct. Unfortunately, the only way he could keep them still enough to paint was to shoot them first.

I found a site with lots of prints for you to see. I hope you enjoy them. I know that Mary Lou will!

No comments: