Saturday, April 03, 2004

Star of CDrom
Olivier used to have a friend whose mother was a freelance journalist. One day she contacted me as Alsthom, the train builders were making a Cdrom about the new Xter. Would I be interested in doing the English voice over? I was. I was a bit disappointed as the ‘recording studio’ was just a computer. I did my bit in just an hour and a half. For the French part, they hired a professional actress, she took hours and hours apparently. I was pleased because if they needed an English voice again they might just think of little efficient old me.

About a year later she needed a voice for a CDrom on two storage bins at the port of La Pallice. Bertrand I and Betrand ll. You can’t miss them they dominate the skyline over to the south of here. This time I was in real live recording studio. It’s quite a strange sensation being all alone the other side of the window. It was fascinating how they could speed things up and slow things down to suit the images without distorting my voice.

I’ve never seen the finished CDroms, perhaps one day.

No comments: