Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Samantha’s babies
When I lived with my parents we had a beautiful white long-haired cat called Samantha. Sam started to have her babies pretty late for a cat. Mum found the first kitten, it was dead and deformed. Later she went on to have Widgely, which was my favorite cat of all time. This story isn’t about her. She then had a litter which Dad destroyed (we were farming folks remember). The last time she got pregnant she was more careful. When her time came, she came and woke me up. I dashed off downstairs to get an old blanket for her, Too late, when I got back her two kittens had already been born in my bed. I had to sleep down stairs with the old blanket!! Later she moved them to the back of the cupboard at the top of the stairs. There was not a single trace of the birth in my bed. She knew I’d plead their cause, so we kept the kittens, Nilla and Daisy on the condition I took Sam to the vets to have her ‘seen to’.

No comments: