Saturday, April 17, 2004

A little piece of advice
A couple of Jehovah’s witnesses came to the door this morning. I did as I usually do for them, roof menders and potato sellers. I say “No thank you, goodbye” and close the door. It doesn’t work for the gypsy lady who sells bedding because she puts her bag in the doorway. Fortunately she hasn’t been for a few years now.

On the way to having his braces put in Olivier and I were talking about this, he wanted to know what they represent. So I told him they just want everyone to get into heaven. He said he thought he might become a Jehovah’s witness and asked what you have to do to become one. I didn’t have to go much further than give up Christmas and birthdays. So I said to him what I’d heard in a radio play the other day: “Don’t let religion put you off God”. The play took place just after world war one, it certainly needs to be said today.

No comments: