Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Michelle's stamp
A few weeks ago I thought that I'd send a little card off to my friend in South Africa, Michelle. I chose one of my pretty teddy bear cards with a sweet envelope and wrote with my best handwriting (I only did one crossing out) in glitter pen. As Michelle had put such lovely South African stamps on her envelope, I foolishly thought that I could return the compliment with some French stamps (Though they are never that nice). At this point I think it important to point out that the staff at our post office are not famous for their hospitality. I presented my precious letter and asked if I could have some 'timbres de collection' put on my letter. "No, not for Africa you can't, we don't put special stamps on those." So I asked why on earth not, with relish Madame Post office told me that they steal the stamps and they usually steal the letters with them. I'll leave you to imagine who they are. Michelle, is this true and why didn't they steal yours?

No comments: