Saturday, January 17, 2009

Of mice and jays

I was expecting my little garage guests to work out that if they ran up the wall and jumped across they could possibly get at the sack of rubbish. They didn’t. I put the un torn sack out yesterday and I don’t think that the magpies were around either.

This morning at breakfast I was rewarded for my tolerance. I sat and ate breakfast while watching the jay in the tree across the road. He/she had caught something to eat (possibly a mouse!) and was in the process of tearing it up. Then another swooped down into the same tree. So now there are two.

3 comments:

Voegtli said...

Having connection problmes I have not been around much. But I was just able to read your mouse/mice stories. They made me smile.

Keith said...

Because of our Governments stupid ideas about refuse collection (every 2 weeks) the rubbish in the street accumulates, and now the cats, dogs and foxes rip the bags open and we now have rats!

Anji said...

Peter: I'm pleased that you are back online. As I write I think they have moved out.

Keith: We have two collections a week plus a collection for recyclables. I don't think I could cope with two weeks of rubbish!