Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A little update

Time to supervise some more exams. This week kicked off with a computer exam. I’d never done one of those before, we were 6 supervisors looking after 100 students. I couldn’t help wondering what "vibrations" were being given off by 100 laptops in one room. One girl was crying because her laptop was playing up.

Olivier has been off lycée with a nasty cold. He watched the inauguration of president Obama on TV, I watched the swearing in and Aretha Franklin with him. I’ve got a sore throat this evening so I’m drinking a Kir; white wine with cassis (blackcurrant liqueur ) for extra vitamin C. That’s my excuse.

The weather has become ‘warmer’ so now we have rain, lots of rain.

P.S. No sign of the mice...

4 comments:

Dru Marland said...

plenty rain here too. And the wind... I could feel a breeze blowing around my legs as I sat at my desk earlier, and went round closing every single door to try to slow it down. Brrr.

Anji said...

Dru: As you probably know, we've had very strong winds over the weekend. Now it's just raining.

Anonymous said...

I like your cold remedy. And I must remember it for my next cold.

Thanks

Anji said...

Cas: Well worth a try, but it doesn't work.