Friday, October 13, 2006

Job hunting continues
I think that I might have mentioned that I’ve been sent of for a closer scrutiny of my job hunting. More regular meetings and one day courses run by a private company. Yesterday we acted out interviews. There were nine of us and we all got along really well. They come from all walks of life too. B, who I met a couple of weeks ago there, used to work for American Airlines and had lived in the States for a couple of years. The day got off to a good start when some amongst us received job offers with their signing in papers. We had a great time working out what to say and not to say. Taking it in turns to be the interviewer and interviewee really helped and I always come home with more ideas for my search .

This morning I plucked up the courage to telephone a company I’d sent my CV to about 6 weeks ago. The person in charge of languages told me she was behind with her work (does that mean she’s short staffed?), would I please email everything to them. Fingers crossed.

No comments: