Wednesday, August 03, 2005

This ‘n that
We decided to head for our favourite seaside town yesterday after lunch. The morning had been hot and sunny and Rob had a day off. As we set off, we noticed that the blue sky was overhead and the horizon all round was circled by grey cloud. As we got further north it got greyer and greyer. We had quite a pleasant afternoon despite the lack of sun and cold wind. Rob and Dom actually swam for two minutes. We drove home in glorious sunshine!

Three weeks ago Dom had her ears pierced, so yesterday was the first time she could take out her earrings and put new ones in. It didn’t go too badly with a bit of help from me, I’m pleased they’ve healed okay. One of our jobs yesterday afternoon was earring hunting, I didn’t find any I liked either.

This morning I was surprised by a knock on the door at 8.30. Olivier’s best friend’s Dad wanted to know if he was at our house (they take it in turns to sleep over). I went and checked, but I was sure he wasn’t here when I went to bed. Apparently they are going away for a few days to visit relatives and Olivier’s friend doesn’t want to go, so he ran away early this morning. I went by their house at nine and it was all shut up, so I presume they found him and persuaded him to go. He’s got into the habit of not going home sometimes if there’s something he doesn’t want to do, or if he’s in trouble. I hope Olivier doesn’t take up the habit.

No comments: