Thursday, March 04, 2004

Busy, busy week
Not only have I been teaching every morning this week but I seem to have had 'something to do' every afternoon. I always feel sorry for the kids I teach during the holidays, first of all they are usually weak in English, then they have three hours of the subject in one go, sometimes one to one. All this while their friends are probably still asleep.

I really enjoy these lessons and the time goes so quickly. This week I've had a 14 year old called Benjamin who really has made a great effort. For two days we were joined by another boy who really had great difficulties. Two days is not enough to re- teach 18 months worth of language. I could see a little bit of progress but he still has a long way to go. I am really tired.

One of the advantages of working in town was that Rob and I had time to have a coffee on the old port most mornings. It was a bit too cold to sit outside; It won't be long before the seats are filled with tourists. Tomorrow we're going to have breakfast there too.

No comments: