Thursday, March 18, 2004

Blackbird
Besides the beautiful song by the Beatles. Olivier and I were watching Mrs. Blackbird being courted by three suitors no less! So I told him my blackbird story:

One spring afternoon, a few years ago, I was out in the garden and there was a horrible noise. Nothing makes more noise than that an angry blackbird or two. I followed the sound to investigate what was going on and there was a young bird cornered by a cat, so I chased away the cat and continued gardening. A few days later I had the doors open onto the garden in the living room and all of a sudden there again was the noise of an angry blackbird hopping around the porch. I went to investigate and followed the blackbird to find yet another cat cornering a young bird. Anji to the rescue!! This is a true story.

No comments: