Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Blogbirthday to me!

Today is my 5th blog birthday. This is what it was like before. It seems like I’ve always been blogging and yet I remember setting up Anji Patchwork with the help of Dom like it was yesterday. Christian tried to help me set up the comments and we ended up with the blog inside the comments box! You can see that page here. I remember in those days if you wanted archives you had to sort it out for yourself.

Lots of bloggers have come, gone changed identities too. A couple got swallowed up in World of Warcraft . I remember Carol whose son was serving in Iraq, I wonder where she is now. Then there was Isaac who went out for a walk and never came back last August. Spyke, he was good at disappearing – twice!.

Five years ago after having his wisdom teeth out, we put Christian onto a plane heading for his Grandma’s. I was teaching children with behaviour problems for the last time in the two colleges – a job I really loved, I started taking beta blockers. My children were amazed when I bought a little book about HTML and actually started to use it (Widgets came later). My blogroll started to grow and grow.

Thank you to everyone who has visited and contributed to the last five years and I hope we have many more to come.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 5 years of blogging. My 5 year date is May 26. I hadn't realized that we started at almost the same time, although you do have a couple of weeks on me.

Have a great day!

Cassie-b

Anji said...

cas. I think that may 2003 was a special time for new bloggers, I know a few.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anji!-Karen

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! I remember Spyke! Is he not around anymore? And, if so, where?

Unknown said...

Happy Blogday, 5th! I've just past my first!

Voegtli said...

5 years is a long career. In my two short years, I have been observing the "blog world".

When I come across a new blog I like, I watch and follow it for a long time. And see if that blogger is a regular poster. And then, if this is the case, I might put in my favorite blogs. So far, I had to take one off this list.

All the others are real bloggers and I enjoy them very much. I am happy that you are in this list.

Happy Birthday for your blog.

Peter

Anji said...

Karen: thank you, nice to hear from you again!

Bomarzo: thanks; I wonder where Spyke has got to? I've tried google but it's all old stuff.

John.g: I hope you have many more!

Peter/ thank you for your kind wishes. I'm pleased to be on your list.

Anonymous said...

Hey congrats!

Who else do you know plays World of Warcraft lol?

Anji said...

Jess: what a nice surprise, you must have felt your ears burning!

Doris said...

Hey! Happy BlogBirthday to you. Five years is quite something .... and you seem to have many tricks up your sleeves with your different blogs.

I've only been at it for three years and that includes my own disappearing act for a while.

Bloggin' is great, innit?!

Anji said...

Doris: Seems the more I do the more the ideas flow - for the moment at least. Yes it is great, we're part of a wonderful community!

Neutron said...

Hey! Belated Happy Blogday!!

I will have a beer to celebrate...ta for the excuse!

Anji said...

Neutron:Thanks, have one for me too!