Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Walk in the Black Forest

I was writing up the announcement for an old German postcard of a hotel in the Black Forest this afternoon and I suddenly remembered the piece of music called A Walk in the Black Forest. I’ve always remembered the very first time I heard it. We were in the cinema, my mum sisters and me waiting for the film, Mary Poppins to start. I liked the tune straight away. When we got home my baby brother had walked his first steps for my Granny who was babysitting, 43 years ago, time flies…

My little sister became a granny today!

2 comments:

Neutron said...

That's it now...I'll be humming that all bloody day! Thanks Anji.
Oh, and can you tell larygarden up there to send me the money!
Thanks

Anji said...

Neutron: Larygarden had been consigned to the bin! Sorry to have caused so much distress, let me know of a tune you'd like me to write about.