Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A good day

This morning I was driving to work when I saw a (red) squirrel running along the side of the road on the grass verge. I was concerned in case he headed into the road but he continued in a straight line and I left him behind. A little further on I waited at the traffic lights (yet more road works) and who should I see leaping from branch to branch in the trees at the side of the road? It’s nice to see so many squirrels around but I’m concerned that they are leaving the park and wondering so close to the busy road.

A little further on I came to the burnt out chateau which has been turned into holiday flats. There were 4 helicopters parked in the clearing. Rob and I had seen them fly over yesterday evening. So I wondered which rich and famous personalities came to stay near our village complete with convoy of helicopters. Or perhaps and Arab prince? Olivier told me later that it was to film and episode of a treasure hunt for French TV – I never watch it so I wasn’t impressed. When I got home and lunch time Olivier had opened all of the shutters (which we left closed because of the early start) and all of the widows to let some sunshine in.

This afternoon I went to surf on Blog Mad and discovered that I had two messages. Recently my blogs have been voted blog of the day!!

The sun is still shining and it’s starting to feel warmer too. Not a bad day at all

4 comments:

Voegtli said...

In our canton of Grisons, we have a lot of squirrels. Most of them tame. The run up the walls of the chalets, climb on the balcony railings and watch you. And most important, wait for you to come with some nuts or other relish for them.

Anji said...

Worldman: I love the way they stop and watch. They remind me of playful children

CHAIYUAN said...

CONGRATS! on being the blog of the day!

Anji said...

Psychologic: Thank you, but where?