Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Time for a story

My pupil and I often have a laugh during our conversations in English together. Today we were talking about the princess and the frog – or toad. In the version I grew up with the princess kisses the ugly frog – or toad and he turns into a handsome prince. In the French version the princess takes the frog – or toad to bed with her and in the morning wakes up with a handsome prince in her bed* –much to the disgust of her parents.

Which version do you prefer?

*She should be so lucky

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now there's an idea. Where can I get a "frogette"?

Anonymous said...

ew! I'd have to be one hard up princess to bed a squirrel. Or a toad. Or anything slimy. Including lawyers.

Anji said...

Keith: If you think I'm going to start picking them up and looking to see if they are frogs or frogettes ....

Kimberly: I just happen to know a nice lawyer. I'm hoping my hairy husband will turn into a prince but after over 20 years looks like I'm stuck with him!