Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The night before and the morning after.

While I was in the pharmacy yesterday a woman came in and asked for the morning after pill. The only other time I’d “come into contact” with that pill was when one of Dom’s friends went to the school nurse for it.

The woman was in her mid thirties and I don’t think I’ve seen her in the village before. I hope next time she thinks to use a condom. As well as risking pregnancy she’s in one of the groups most likely to come into contact with the H.I.V. virus.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's foolish to take that kind of chance. You could be risking your entire future.

Cas

Anonymous said...

People think that sort of thing always happens to someone else. One day they could be that "someone else". My son said he didn't believe that smoking caused lung cancer. It does. It did, and he got it and died at 28.

Most young people just won't listen to older people. How do they think we got to be old?

Anonymous said...

You can get the morning after pill from a school nurse? Good hell.

Anonymous said...

How can one assume that a condom wasn't used? As for the HIV comment, tis sad to jump to conclusions & judgements so quickly.

Anji said...

Cas: it's more dangerous for young people nowadays.

Keith: How true your words are.

Kimberly: You should have met Dom's friend's stepfather - That was hell.

Anon: Yes, it could have split. Unfortunately everyone is at risk nowadays.