Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I admit
that I was close to tears when I took Dom back to the station on Sunday afternoon. When we found her carriage we bumped into a family I hadn’t seen in years. Christian used to be best friends with their son. They were putting their daughter into the train too, as the seats were numbered I don’t know if they got together during the journey back to Poitiers. Dom will be back next weekend to celebrate her birthday with her friends.

I don’t know what to make of Olivier, for the past three nights he’s been asleep by 9.30. His appetite has diminished a little too. He didn’t want to go to school this morning, even though he’s only got 1 hour of physics and 2 hours of sport (Wednesday is half day in French schools), apparently they are playing basketball at the moment and he hates it, pity they can’t put ice hockey on to the timetable!

I had a phone call yesterday from one of the many companies that I sent my CV to. They might need me to teach 34 hours at the ‘Hotel LycĂ©e’ (A school where they train chefs, waiters, catering and hotel management). It will be 2 hours early on Wednesday mornings. They are phoning me back: I wonder…….

No comments: