Thursday, January 29, 2004

I hope it’s not real
(Some of you may find this next post a little shocking)
Looking though the e-mail I receive regularly form Linky and Dinky I came across a site I really thought would be a silly joke. It looks very serious indeed. Apparently a web-cam has been placed in the coffin of a woman. This has been done with the permission of her family. The picture is on the front page of the site, so you can’t exactly avoid looking. I found this very upsetting; when my Father died of cancer two and a half years ago the funeral didn’t take place until ten days after he had died. I was really upset to think of his body hanging around as it were. (As Olivier very tactfully told me yesterday, really it was just his body left) I can’t imagine many families taking up the offer of a web-cam to watch over their loved ones.

No comments: