Monday, January 26, 2004

A bit of a rant.
I didn’t catch the whole story but there was talk on the BBC this morning of allowing abortions up to full term in certain circumstances . I am for freedom of choice but I don’t like the idea of abortion at any time. When I was pregnant with Olivier, the Doctors discovered a problem with the cord which could have been an indication of Down’s syndrome. As soon as word got round someone phoned to tell me where I could get a late abortion. I had no intention of getting rid of my precious baby. A ‘friend’ of mine, came and told me that our lives would be misery etc;, etc. (She later went on to condemn to death a *friend of Olivier’s who had leukemia and to abandon her own kids). I had tests and every thing was fine and when he was born it was clear he was 100% okay. I shudder to think if I’d had disposed of the wonderful, funny, affectionate, intelligent person he has become. As I’ve told him lots of time if he’d have been handicapped I would have loved him exactly the same. I am his Mum!


*10 years later he’s in good health

No comments: