Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I think I have proof that it works

On Saturday we went out to tea at an old friend’s who I’ll write about in another post. She’d made a chocolate cake so I had some of that, after a walk round by the beach we had an aperitif. In France you can drink port before a meal and very nice it is too. She’d also made my favourite, a savoury olive cake* and there were other nibbles. Rob and I returned home late and so I made pizza (as in out of the freezer into the oven) as I didn’t feel like cooking much and had the last of the lemon meringue pie from my birthday meal on Friday. Needless to say I didn’t take a reading of my blood sugar before I went to bed. On Sunday I felt rotten all day – almost hung over. It is a long time since I went off the rails to that extent and proof that I do need to stay sensible if I want to feel and stay well. We won’t mention weight.

*Dom made a few cakes in the summer too, they must be in a cake conspiracy together.

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

I COULD DRINK pORT ALL THE TIME. wE HAVE one called Whidbey's Port made from loganberries, and it is to die for!!

Chunks of Reality said...

Found you via BlogExplosion and love your blog! I also loved your baby picture. What an adorable picture!!

Voegtli said...

Hang over is waiting for me. Of course, I will not overdo it. But after two month of mineral water, I will have to make up somehow for it. Generally, it is an Absinthe (before my meal) and then a glass of red wine with the meal. And later in the afternoon, my wife will tell me that I snored a lot during my nap.

Anji said...

Mary Lou! Judging by your typing I'd say you've already been at the port.

Chunks: Thanks for your visit. That picture was taken a long time ago (sigh)


Peter: Absinthe? I haven't tasted Absinthe in years, no wonder you snore!