Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday

I went off to the clinic this afternoon for a mammogram. The bus stops right outside these days and I got off with a lot of little old ladies clutching their past results. Perhaps I look like an old lady now too. Everything is normal, so that’s another set of results under the belt.

As the clinic for veins is on the same ‘campus’ I went and made my appointment there too. I must say that everyone is very polite, cheerful and helpful there. My appointment is for next Monday.

When I got home Olivier had made a pot of coffee and it was delicious. I didn’t know he knew how to make it. He’d been revising for his French Bac exam. The first work he’s done all year, the exam is on Friday. He left the house clutching his science revision book. Perhaps he’s got a new girlfriend he’s trying to impress?

6 comments:

Phyllis said...

Oh, that reminds me, I need to make my "yearly" appointments! ICK
What is a vein clinic?

Anji said...

Phyllis: You haven't been paying attention there at the back!
It's the place for veins, arteries and circulation; I might be having the thread veins on my legs removed. It depends how much it will all cost - as I have a lot.

Mary Lou said...

I just made my YEARLY appt too! GOtta keep up with all those tests! getting old is such a pain isnt it?

Tawnya Shields said...

That is great that you passed your "exam". I always breathe a big sigh of relief when mine come back normal.
I had a tumor removed about three years ago. Everything is fine now but it was a scary time there for awhile.

GMG said...

Hi Anji! Time goes for all of us, but there is nothing that time can't heal...
Blogtrotter is still in Santiago de Compostela, now inside the Cathedral… Hope you enjoy, and have a nice weekend!

Anji said...

Mary Lou: It comes round really quickly these days(years). I suppose all these tests get us out of the house!

Titania: I imagine it is a real worry. I've been told that I'm low risk but it's good to have confirmation.

GMG: I will be over to take a look!