Thursday, June 05, 2008

Greenslade

I can't work out how to do it so you'll have to make do with a link and go fom there.

Back in October 1973 I stayed up late to watch 'The Old Grey Whistle Test'on TV. That particular night a group called Greenslade was on. The next day I was on holiday from work so I went into town and bought the album. I still have it today even though I can't play it. Like Peter, I've just discovered Youtube as a way of listening to music and watching performances. I was really pleased to find Chalkhill by Greenslade. Joie de vivre is how I'd describe this one. It takes me back to happy times.

2 comments:

Voegtli said...

Joie de vivre is the right expression. When I think how I travelled before (30 years ago) with all my records. And now, I have and iPod, I have DVD's and watch YouTube.

And, instead of buying a new mobile phone (again, the last one I bought 3 month ago) I will buy one of those new iPods. And then I don't even need the DVD's anymore.

Anji said...

Peter: Thank you for taking the time to listen. Olivier came back from England with the teeiest little thing for his music; it's so small I'm sure he'll lose it, but he has his music with him wherever he goes. I love the old album covers, that's something which will be missed, I think.