Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sushi time!

Dom is a great fan of Sushi and every time she eats out it seems to be what she chooses. Since the beginning of the summer she’s been offering to take me out for a Sushi. Yesterday we finally went out together. First of all we spend an agreeable hour looking for shoes for her. There really are some lovely boots around at the moment, all I have to do is loose some weight to get my calves into them.

We went to a restaurant by the port that Dom knows and trusts, so I asked her what the name if the restaurant means. (She knows a little Japanese and Chinese). She couldn’t tell me because the restaurant was Vietnamese. I had the menu so that I could try everything sushi and have some meat too. Dom chose Chinese food for a change.

As Dom says, it’s a bit strange at first, so I’ll have to try it again. I do know that I really liked the cabbage salad I was given with the soup. I found the sticky rice a bit strange but the fish was nice. I ate 95% of my food with chop sticks!

We didn’t wait for the bus but walked back out of town to where I had parked the car. For a change it was sunny and the buddleias were full of peacock butterflies.

5 comments:

zoe said...

i'm a great sushi fan too - having lived in japan for 5 years may have seen to that though ...

Anji said...

Zoe: I think if i get used to the texture, I'll enjoy it more.

EDavis said...

I love your style of writing! It's so approachable. :)

Phyllis said...

I love sushi. The sticky rice has been a favorite of mine since childhood when I lived in Hawaii. It's the seasoned rice vinegar that makes it taste sweeet.

Anji said...

Caesium: Thanks, I like to keep it simple...

Phyllis:that explians the taste. I think I'd quite like the green hoseradish mustardy stuff too - after a while.