Saturday, September 15, 2007

BANG

If your husband offers to drive you somewhere and drops you off in the car park. If you come out half an hour later with your purchases and get into the car. If your husband has parked by a concrete edge because there is a cute baby tree that offers no shade at all. Then if he drives off in a straight line and hits the concrete: It rips a hole in the tyre.

We then spent another half hour changing the wheel (I read the instructions). We nearly had to call out the garage because we couldn’t undo the screws, eventually Olivier did it by kicking the winder thing with the bottom of his foot. Fortunately the spare was okay, though it’s not the same make.

The car has to go for a service soon anyway so we now know that we must buy a new tyre, if not two or even three…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence. Only this morning some idiot did the same thing outside my house, clipped the kerb and ripped the tyre open. Then the cheeky sod knocked on my door and asked me to change it for her.

Being a gentleman in every sense of the word, I politely told he to f.. er, go away and call the RAC or her husband.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that should be: "I politely told her ...."

Anonymous said...

Not the best ending for a shopping trip. It's good that you fixed it without calling for help.

Cas

Anji said...

Keith: I'm amazed that in this day and age a woman would do that. My dad made me and my sisters learn how to take a tyre off, jack up the car and change the wheel (not in that order perhaps)I was never srrong enough to put the wheel back on but at least I could do something. However, if I was struggling and someone happened to offer help....

Cas: it didn't take too long and we managed to buy everything we needed!