Thursday, September 06, 2007

Back to school

It’s been a very stressful time here at the Knutsen residence. Olivier returned to school on Tuesday afternoon. Of course I was the one biting my fingernails down to the quick. I made something special for lunch before he left (the condemned man eats his last meal). Unfortunately we gave one of his friends a lift and I messed up getting onto the ring road because there was so much traffic. If you read this and are planning on having children in the future, find out if it’s possible to fast forward their adolescent stage.

Dom is fine, planning what to take when she goes back to Poitiers next week. I’ve never worried about Dom like I’ve worried about the boys, she always seems to know where she’s going. She’s a very lucky person.

6 comments:

Designer Girl said...

I am sure he will be okay. Boys are usually late bloomers when it comes to knuckling down at school.

Anji said...

Southernbelle: If he waits any longer his school days will be over!

Stacey said...

First day of school is always hectic. My son has a challenge knuckling down & getting into the work too.

The Clowns said...

Fast forward to adolescence are you joking?

Anonymous said...

I tried to fast forward my son through his adolescent stage and now he's gone. I wish I could have that time again and I would put it on half-speed and enjoy those few years he had with us.

Never wish your life away Anji, I believe this is all we get. Keep hitting the "pause" button until your fingers are sore!

Anji said...

Stacey: Thanks for your visit. I think the first day of school is worse for the parents.

Spooky: NO! Not fast forward TO adolesence, just fast forward the adolesence part!

Keith: I wouldn't really like to get rid of him yet; he's talking about joining the army or air force and I know it will break my heart to see him go off.