Friday, March 11, 2005

More protests
On Tuesday Dominique joined the 3500 to 4000 students from all of the lycées around La Rochelle on another protest march against educational reforms. She said that she saw a few skinheads had joined in. She kept well away from them.

Yesterday it was the adult’s turn. Rob was part of a crowd of between 6000to 10000 who marched around the town protesting about poor pay amongst other things.

Olivier stayed in bed. We had been asked by the parents association not to send our teenagers to school. I prefer to keep him home on strike days anyway. Loads of kids with nothing to do and very little supervision always spells trouble.

I was one of the people who was disrupted because there were fewer buses. I spent two hours in town for an appointment of 10 minutes. I had a good look around the shops. I can always tell I’m going to have a poor year. There are loads of things I would like to buy. If I have money to spend I can never find anything I like.

No comments: