Saturday, October 11, 2003

Spring already?
I went out into the garden and worked for three hours yesterday afternoon. It was heaven, the weather was beautiful, I didn't hurt my back and I felt as if I'd achieved something. A lot of it was cutting things back but I moved some heather (probably the wrong moment to do it) and found a baby bush to fill up a gap that I'd got by the wall. I've got a box hedge that I'm trying to get rid of. Someone gave me some cuttings years ago. They told me to water it well, which I didn't because I can't stand it , it still grew and grew!

For some reason the light and everything reminded me of spring. In the evening we walked down to the beach and the sky was a beautiful pinky-red, when we turned round to go home an enormous golden moon was just rising, perfect!

No comments: