Wednesday, July 02, 2008

In which I dress myself

When my cholesterol levels were high 7 years ago, rather than give me tablets, which are dangerous in the long term, my doctor sent me to the nutritionist. One of the things she advised me to do was to make my own salad dressing in a cocktail shaker. The cocktail shaker was getting on a bit and the rubber seal came off. Last Wednesday evening I was shaking up a batch of vinaigrette when the lid flew off. As my hand became covered in oil the shaker flew out of my hand and I was covered in dressing and shattered glass. One of the worst messes I’ve cleaned up must be oil, vinegar and glass. In the past week I’ve broken three small plates, a cocktail shaker and finished this evening with a glass bowl which shattered into an enormous amount of pretty yellow glass.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not too good. Is your blood sugar level ok? I get very "clumsy" when my blood sugar is awry.

Cas

Dawtch said...

As a natural klutz (I can trip over a breeze) I can sympathize. But...having a problem holding on to items, as well as knocking them over, can sometimes be a symptom of some serious conditions. I'm not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but I highly recommend you talk to YOUR doctor & let her know you might be having some problems with motor functions....just a suggestion. My mother was one who "would rather not know" and ended up paying the ultimate price. I on the other hand think it is much better to complain, whine, snivel and generally bitch to my doctor, and find out I'm just a whiney, complaining, snivelly bitch of a patient, then not do it and find out I could have prevented something from progressing 3 months ago, but now I'm skewered...
They say "Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you..." I look at this the same way - "Just because your think you're over-reacting, doesn't mean your not ill..."
I'm just saying...
BB
dawtch

Mary Lou said...

oops!! better go get a check up! or it just may be the fates!

Anji said...

Cas: I'll keep an eye on that - I have been tired lately too.

Dawtch: I'll talk to the Doctor when I see him next time. Thanks for your concern

Mary Lou: I'll definately mention it at my next check up. perhaps I'm unlucky at the moment...

GMG said...

Hi Anji! Choleterol high seven years ago? So lucky... Mine is surely high seven seconds ago... ;)
Wish you a wonderful weekend!
Blogtrotter

Anonymous said...

I do that much damage in a day, let alone a week! :)

henry

Anji said...

Gmg: I've been working on it for a long time.

Henry: It's one way of never living in a house cluttered with plates etc. you don't use.