Thursday, July 12, 2007

Insects and poetry


Dom’s friend Iris came (she used to wear a top hat with a toy rabbit in the band). She gave me some more words for my fridge poetry and proceeded to write me some lovely lines. I’ve translated some of them for you to share:



  • Don’t eat before Sunday

  • That takes me on a secret journey

  • When papa dreams of washing up we laugh (how true)

  • Love my heart prepare a good fizzy poem

  • Do you like walking weekends

  • Think that the sun is lovely

She used up nearly all the words. She also studies insects at university. Above is what landed on me the other day. Thanks to Iris I could look it up to share with you, it really was a beautiful blue. Another one

I can't remember where I got the photo from, if the picture above is yours please email me so that I can give you credit for it.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Apart from being blue, what is it? I know it's a beetle before the comments start!!

Anji said...

It's a type of long horned beetle. Rosalia Alpina in latin. They are rare where I live and a protected species in most places of the world. They like beech trees.

Unknown said...

Thanks Anji. x