Monday, July 23, 2007

In which I try flying

On Saturday morning we were off early with the computer and I went through the front door trying to put my phone into the little pocket made for it in my bag. I landed flat on my face because I missed the step. Rob insisted we went off straight away so I didn’t have time to soak my ankle in cold water. It didn’t hurt too much but swelled up like a tennis ball. In the evening I discovered grazed knees and elbow and I still ache all over today.

The last time I tried flying from the same step I was 8 months pregnant with Olivier, I somehow managed to flip my body over and landed on my back that time

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Anji, you should have remembered the flipping over bit! Hope you are ok.

zoe said...

men, honestly! next time you try flying, make sure that you have a tube of arnica cream/pills in your bag to stop bruising.

i do hope that you have stopped aching and that rob ran you a lovely, deep bath with essential oils in it for you.

Unknown said...

At least you didn't break an arm! Thank goodness. Wishing you a speedy recovery from the aches and pains.

Anji said...

John G: I think the flipping over most have been maternal instinct.

Thanks Zoe, I couldn't remember 'arnica'. The bruise is now going through a rainbow of colours.

Bill: I thought my foot might have be broken at first,I'm fine today!

Anonymous said...

anji, next time i recommend a reverse triple somersault in neon green spandex -- maybe cornrows with beads in your hair. it adds flare to your performance and is likely to land you a ten from all the judges.

Anji said...

Kimberley:Both times were too early for much of an audience. I will plan the next time more carefully.