Monday, July 30, 2007

Bits & pieces

Dom has started to take an interest in tea since she left home. One of the teas she’s given me to try is lemon pie flavour. It really is delicious. When you first make it, it smells just like freshly baked lemon meringue pie. A lot of people find they need quite a lot of sugar in it but I really enjoy it without. She’s also taken to drinking coffee. One of her friends has given her a small coffee maker so now we have ‘real’ coffee instead of instant. I went shopping this morning and came back tired and harassed and there was the beautiful smell of freshly brewed coffee to greet me…..

Both Olivier and Dom have friends who’ve grown beards recently. It makes me feel old or are boys starting to shave earlier?

One of the fields on the way to the sea is a sunflower field this year. On the road which doesn’t allow cars people have carved faces in the sunflowers. There are all sorts of expressions, it’s like an army of happy people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post - lots of interesting comments. We have 3 young men in our family who are sporting beards of a sort. Can't say I like it so much, but it's a lot better than piercings.

We planted sunflowers (lots and lots of them) behind our veggie garden this year. It makes such a pretty picture.

Mary Lou said...

Well I wasn't going to make a pot this morning, but now I have to go do that!

Anji said...

cas: Rob has a big black beard!

mary Lou: Did you smell it from all that way?