Thursday, December 22, 2005

The interview
We set off at 7.30 in the morning so it was cold and dark, by the time we arrived at our destination it was cold and foggy. We had an hour, so found a café where we could warm up with a cup of coffee.

The interview went very well and I felt pleased with myself and liked the people who were doing the interview, though I couldn’t understand why they kept asking me about my experience with problem children, when the job would be teaching unemployed adults and motivating them for their (hopefully) future jobs. We didn’t hang around to visit the town as it was too cold. I got a phone call on the way back to let me know I hadn’t got the job, BUT they have a project for the future with younger unemployed people and would like to keep my details for that. I look forward to hearing from them, though I’ve heard the story of future projects before.

I don’t feel as if I wasted my time, after all an interview is always a useful experience.

No comments: