Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Where does the time go?
The last few days have flown by, again. AOL has been behaving itself badly which doesn’t help matters.

I’ve just been working, ironing, preparing lessons and gardening. I went to bed at 8 o’clock on Monday as I felt migrainey all day. I slept so well and felt so much better for it.

As I’m still technically unemployed I had to go to the job center for them to see what I’ve been up to, the first appointment was cancelled because I was working (creates a good impression). The man who interviewed me put me into a C.V. workshop for an afternoon. I’ve had to cancel because I’m working, I’ve got another new student. He suggested that I write to the university and the tourist office, which I will do as soon as I learn how to do a C.V. à la française. The idea is to earn enough so that I’m not paid unemployment benefit at all.

I had my hair cut this morning. Olivier thinks it’s too short. I think I look a bit younger, it had grown quite long again. The salon was decorated with black and white photos with a sixties feel, I did enjoy looking at the pictures, I can’t remember the photographer’s name.. The background music was Jacques Brel. My nostalgic mood soon disappeared as I had to go to the supermarket and there is a holiday tomorrow. Why do people stock up for a holiday as if there was going to be a horrible disaster?

No comments: