Friday, May 16, 2003

Strikes and more strikes.
Had quite a different morning yesterday morning. I arrived at college as usual and took my class upstairs as usual. As we started work we noticed a lot of noise in the courtyard below. As I only work two hours a week at that particular college I didn’t know that a meeting had been called during the first hour to consider whether to continue the strike. Were my class mad!. I stood my ground and continued the lesson. I felt such a fool when I returned to the staff room afterwards. Fortunately every one found it amusing. I wasn’t regarded as a strike breaker. The strike was continued so the kids were sent home so I came home an hour earlier than usual. The silly season has started, with exams, outings and courses my timetable is disappearing into nothing. Nice if the weather is good but I don’t get paid.

No comments: