Saturday, March 07, 2009

An earthquake in a coffee cup

The last time I bought coffee they didn’t have any of my favourite brand left. I usually buy fair trade from somewhere in South America. I nearly got tricked into buying the decaffeinated tin but I noticed the blue instead of green writing just in time. I settled for a packet of fair trade organic fro central America. Just as I was taking it off the shelf all of the packets jars and tins began to wobble. I was the only person in the aisle but I could see an elderly lady at the end looking worried. I didn’t think I was that cross…

9 comments:

Caroline said...

Maybe the caffeine in this new tin is REALLY rocking your world!

Anji said...

caroline: You really caught that one hot off the press. Yes, it could be the caffeine.

Voegtli said...

I used to drink (since centuries) Nescafé. And, with my bunch of colleagues (being posted from Rome to the bush) I got used to drink "real" coffee. And (after centuries) changed my style. Now, I am drinking Moevenpick "Divine" coffee. Which I have prepared in a Bodum French Press.

J'ai du style maintenant.

Anji said...

Peter: it was Dominique who got me into real coffee again. I hadn't thought of using a French press, they have them in some restaurants and they make good coffee!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. You should try different coffees sometimes too.

Anonymous said...

Green Mountain has some very nice fair trade as does Peets. I can be aggressive but I don't think I've ever scared anyone with my coffee selecting habits. Maybe she is just the anxious type. ~Mary

alan said...

I remember reading we were due for a trembler by 1968 in Popular Science when I was a kid...it still hasn't happened! I'd have never dreamt of one there, though!

Mother Earth is an amazing creature, isn't she?

alan

Anji said...

Anon: I try not to get stuck in a rut...

Mary: Thanks for visiting; I hadn't thought that I might have frightened her myself. I'll look out for those brands. I'm not sure if I can get them here.

Alan: now I know what your look like!

we have small tremours here. Never enough to knock the coffee off the shelves - yet

Anji said...

Shea: I'll have to watch not to really lose my temper!