Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A little bit of wisdom - not

I took Olivier into the clinic this morning to have his wisdom teeth out. He makes a bad patient, he was grumpy, tired and hungry. Matters weren’t helped when we all had to wait in a room with vending machines full of chocolate. Not the best place for people who haven’t eaten for 12 hours. About half an hour ago the clinic phoned to tell me that everything had gone okay. We are picking him up this evening at 6.30. He was sure he was going to be one of those people who are awake during their operation, I’ll be interested to see how he got on if that was the case.

He’ll be off school till the weekend when the holidays start

4 comments:

alan said...

Among my many blessings in this life is that I only had one of those, and when it came in, though I was laid off, I had it pulled for only $30...

May the patient recover quickly!

alan

Anji said...

Alan: this little lot cost a bit more than that. We were unlucky enough to have the most expensive anethetist and I had to pay for the use of the remote controle and earphones for the TV, let alone the surgery. I had two taken out duing an ordinary check up and went straight back to work!

Anonymous said...

I wish him better luck than I had.

But that's another story.

Cas
And now, can he please have some chocolate?

Anji said...

cas: He's recovering well and would you believe that he prefers savory to sweet, so it's soup and scrambled eggs.