Friday, October 24, 2008

Hamsters, hedgehogs and yoghut

Still continuing with the mushy food. I visited lots of sites giving advice on what to or not to eat. As usual advice varies from country to country, culture to culture. He still looks like a giant hamster….

Did you know that if you come to my house with a yoghurt you have to store it at a temperature one degree centigrade lower than if you visited Zoe’s house with the same yoghurt?

This evening Rob and I were putting the car away when I heard the sound of rustling leaves. From underneath came out an adorable young hedgehog. He took no notice of us at all and came right up to us looking at us as if to say ‘What are you doing here?’. He snuffled back into the leaves and went on his way again.

Don’t forget to put your clocks back. It’s the last weekend of October already!!

6 comments:

Dru Marland said...

I met some fox cubs on a welsh hillside one evening. They ignored me, and I sat and watched them playing for a while. Then the vixen yelped from somewhere nearby and they all disappeared down the hole sharpish.

Hamster? -this would be Olivier?

Phyllis said...

No, next weekend! Friday is Halloween and Nov 1st is when we do it this year. I wish they would just leave the clocks alone and find a time and keep it there! It is silly to keep doing this.

Anji said...

Dru: I suppose they have to learn fear from their parents. Yes my son - the hamster.

Phyllis: I did a double take there. Here in Europe, the countries that change, change a week earlier than the States. I don't know why they continue, wasn't it started in WWII?

GMG said...

Hi Anji! The «r» run away from the hu...t, just like the hamster... ;)
Thanks for remembering that clocks are going back tonight...
Meanwhile you have one more hour tonight to comment at Blogtrotter, which just said goodbye to Mykonos 2007!! ;))
It shows the famous sunset scene at Little Venice, and the Pelican mascot of the island… Hope you enjoy, and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

For the last year there is a hedgehog in my garden who comes to my back door every Sunday morning and I give him some dog-food, which he gobbles down then disappears until the following Sunday.

Now,how the heck does he know when it's Sunday? And why does he only come at that time? Always at 10am, just when the church bells down the road start to ring?

Anji said...

GMG: I'll be over to see that!

Keith: All I can think of is Pavlov's hedgehog... The bells, the bells!