Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Can you smell it too?

I went and collected my free perfume sample yesterday afternoon. It was from a posh, expensive shop. I was greeted by an enthusiastic salesgirl, sprayed with perfume and given a perfume sample though they’d run out of the offer samples. Then they opened the door to let me out. I felt like I’d been whizzed round in whisker or something. The perfume they sprayed on me, mandarin and bergamot, was nicer than the sample I’d gone in for.

I can still smell the perfume I put on this morning; I’m getting a bit of a headache because of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really annoys me when they do that! I walked into a shop to get my usual aftershave, and as I entered this pretty young thing sprayed me with an "eau-de-cologne pour homme" without asking! "Try this sir" she said. God! I smelt like a flower for hours after.

I got some funny looks on the bus home, and nobody sat beside me!

Anji said...

Keith: Glad to see you could comment this time. I suppose it's one way to get a seat to yourself on the bus...