Saturday, January 13, 2007

Calendar time
(A bit of a play on words in the title I think.)

When we first moved in Rob banged a nail into put a hook on the wall in the kitchen, so that I could hang up my keys and it turned out to be a good placement for a calendar. On New Years day I finally had so many calendars that I’d saved that I couldn’t hang my keys up anymore. This is what I found when I sorted them out :

1993 Memories calendar with lovely old advertisements for Pears Soap and other British goods.

1999 Cynthia Hart’s Victoriana calendar: A special calendar for Cynthia, celebrating 10 years of calendars, I think. Her work was called collage then, not scrapping (her 2006 calendar).

2000 Millennium calendar: Every day had an entry taken from the last thousand years of history. Did you know that Queen Elizabeth I was crowned on 13th January 1559?

2001 Followed by the help of the knights and Damsels calendar: Featuring lovely romantic paintings by artists such as Leighton,Waterhouse, Maclis and Hughes.

2002 The year of the Art of Shakespeare calendar: Again lovely painting and quotes from Shakespeare.

2003 LS Lowry calendar: With his match stalk women and men.

2004 Supermarket freebie calendar: Ideas for nutritious meals made from their products, of course.

2005 Idem, with a little more information on ‘5 a day’.

2006 Worcestershire Federation of Women’s Institutes calendar: Sent by my Mum, theme; gates and gateways photographed by Institute members.

2007 The WI calendar for this year, theme; water.

I don’t know where to put 1993 to 2003, I really don’t want to throw them out.

You’d think I’d have learnt how to spell calendar by the end of writing this… nope.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will definitely need to keep them. It will be very nostalgic to look at them one day.

Anonymous said...

Declutter! Declutter! Or maybe stack them in a box in the attic for future generations...

Mary Lou said...

find a bottom drawer to put them all in. THey serve as a diary for future reference!

Anonymous said...

Various shops and business are giving me calendars this year; even now! I counted them up today, I've got 34 so far, enough to repaper the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

That's a nice assortment of calendars. I hate to throw them out as well. I usually have calendars with cats, but this year for a change, I have a Norman Rockwell calenday. I just can't wait to turn the page to the next picture.
Cas

Great idea to have a special hook for keys.

Anji said...

Cas; I'd love to have a Norman Rockwell calender. Perhaps next year...