Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Almost back to normal again this week
Rob has taken a days holiday so I haven’t quite got the house to myself all day yet. The week started with a new lesson in town, a really nice student who needs lots of help so I shan’t feel as if I’m running out of things to do. I was out for three hours for a one hour lesson. When it’s not raining I can do a short cut on foot and save half an hour, it’s ironic that going on foot saves time, isn’t it?

Dom is taking her exams this week, she spent a lot of time revising when she was home. I would have liked to have found time to read her books. Perhaps next holidays. She bought a digital camera with her birthday money, so she showed us some film she’d made of the campus. The funniest bit was when she climbed into a round window and pretended to be a hamster – don’t ask! We also saw her young man (on film) but only for a few seconds and he didn’t speak (Dom: you’ll be able to tell him he’s world famous now).

Christian and MIL enjoyed their visit though it was really cold for exactly the duration of their time here. I hadn’t seen Christian for 18 months so you can imagine how pleased I was to see him.

Olivier went back to lycée yesterday full of promises to work harder this term. If he wants to take science he needs much better results than he had last term.

The hospital in La Rochelle has made national news. Someone died at the weekend because the blood transfusion tube was mixed with an oxygen tube. I think anyone who comes across this in the medical profession will know that it’s something that can’t happen by accident. Although all three children were born there and it was my first experience of hospital, therefore a happy one. They have all spent time in hospital later, so I’ve found myself milling over unhappy times.

No comments: