Thursday, October 13, 2005

Two very different books
I read ‘Plain Truth’ by Jodi Picoult and then followed it with ‘The Pianoplayers’ (no, not Piano Players) by Anthony Burgess (Can't find a link with a pic). I enjoyed them both, but I was suffering from culture shock afterwards. ‘Plain truth’ is about the Amish community and what happens when a dead baby is found, there is also a love story to keep the romantics amongst us happy. A beautiful book which I learnt from. ‘The Pianoplayers’ was a very English book. Do people use the word bawdy these days? About the early life of a prostitute with her pianoplaying father. You can learn how to play the piano with this book too.

I might be a bit quiet for a while as I’ve just started ‘The Complete Sherlock Holmes’, all 1122 pages of it in very small print, as it happens I’ve got an appointment for an eye examination at the end of the month, I think I might need it.

No comments: