Tuesday, May 18, 2004

What's happening
A little bit of excitement during a statistics exam. There were two of us supervising 50 students in a amphitheater. My colleague noticed that one of the students was hiding a ruler underneath his paper. After observing for a while, he decided to take a closer look. The ruler was stainless steel and on one side it was covered with maths formulae written in pencil. Quite a shocking discovery. The student was withdrawn from the exam and taken to see the director. Other than that, nothing to report. It has been very difficult to stay awake during all of this heat. Next week I have exams on Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.

My retired lady has gone off to a Buddhist retreat for a few days. As for me, there’s a huge pile of ironing mounting up.

Lionel phoned a couple of minutes ago. I have a new pupil on Tuesday mornings (Though not next week) for ‘commercial’ English. When I asked her what her level of English was she said “Nul” (no good). Don’t tell anyone but I shall be learning about commercial English as I go along. I’m not looking forward to this one at all.

No comments: