Saturday, January 31, 2015

January wraps up

I was hoping to write more posts this year. This January has one post less than last year.

MIL is in hospital again. She fell and broke her arm just over a week ago. We’ll just have to wait and see how she heals.

Dom and J-M have both had flu. Dom couldn’t speak to me when I phoned her yesterday – no voice. Rob and I had our flu vaccinations in November. Apparently this year it’s only 25% effective against this year’s flu.

I’m really starting to enjoy Facebook. There is always something going on.  

The buds on the trees are starting to become noticeable, a sure sign that spring is on its way. Time to start thinking about getting into the garden to tidy up.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I'm not offended, quite the opposite. I wish women were the dominant species. The I could have stayed at home to look after the kids while the wife worked all hours to keep us. If there was a war she would go to far off lands to fight.
I would enjoy watching the women digging up the road, collecting refuse, building offices etc., unblocking the drains and all the tasks men had to do, while I went shopping for nice clothes, and going out to lunch with the other men for afternoon tea.

Anji said...

Keith: In my experience a lot of those jobs have been done by women. I'm the one in our household that unblocks drains, changes washers etc. I also worked and looked after my children at the same time.

Think I might have opened a can of worms...