Saturday, November 15, 2008

Happy Birthday!!




Dom is 20 years old today. I haven’t managed to speak to her on the phone yet. I imagine her struggling back from the post office with the parcel we sent her. I remember driving to the hospital in the early hours of the morning. I started to panic when we hit the streets around the market and there was a lot of unloading going on. We got blocked in for a couple of minutes…. The rest is history. Yesterday she phoned me for a recipe for mustard cake, she’ll be making her famous carrot cake and asked me for other ideas. Hope you all have a great time tonight Dom!

Bad Medicine by Bon Jovi was the number one hit according to Billboard magazine the week that Dom was born

I got my page a Day diary out for 1975 to see what I did on my 20th birthday. It was a Friday so I went to work as usual. My friends at work gave me a couple of books ‘The Fortune Tellers’ and ‘Natural Magic’. In the evening I went to see some friends and we went out for a drink. It was the start of a new relationship which lasted 4 years. I didn’t have the time to write much else.

11 comments:

Dru Marland said...

mustard cake? -gosh.

Happy birthday, Dom, if you happen to read this!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to Dom!! I can't remember what it was like being 20. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dom. Have a great day and a wonderful year!!

Steven Goh said...

Hi Dom, happy birthday

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, a page a day diary! I guess that's what blogging is for me nowadays. But I always wonder if the internet will still have my blog on it in twenty five years. Happy birthday to Dom!

Tawnya Shields said...

A Happy Birthday to Dom. What an adorable child!

Love Bon Jovi by the way. :o)

Debbie K said...

I hope Dom had a very Happy Birthday.

Have a Magical week.

Love
Debbie

alan said...

A very Happy belated Birtday to your lucky daughter!

32 years ago, at 20, I married...

alan

Anji said...

Dru: Mustard cake is delicious, I'll be passing on all of the birthday wishes as I'm not sure she's got much time to read blogs at the moment.

Empress: I thought it was last year!

Cas: I'll pass on the wishes.

Steven: Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.

Lauren: my initial idea with this blog was to use my old diaries to create interesting posts.

Titania: She still is adorable asd long as she doesn't run off with my jacket!

Debbie: I'm pleased to see you out visiting again, I'll pass on the good wishes.

Alan: I bet it doesn't seem so long ago...

NotJustAMom said...

Happy Birthday Dom!

Anji said...

NotJustAMom: Thanks