Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Update

It’s time for the 'winter' holidays now, the weather has been lovely and sunny and the buds are opening on the trees. Olivier went to the Cinema on Saturday evening with his friends ( one of them now has their driving licence) he slept through half of the film. He’s been in bed for two days now with flu and I can say that he is a typical male, he does not suffer in silence.

On Saturday I received a card and some photographs from one of my ex students. She’s a marine biologist and last year was lucky enough to spend some time in the Antarctic. She sent me some incredible photographs of ice and penguins. I’m going to ask her permission to post them here.

I had a phone call from a language school in Bordeaux yesterday. I sent them my CV about 2 years ago. I now have some lessons during the holidays. Hopefully, if the lessons go well, some more work will come my way.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a long time to hold a resume. Good luck.

Cas

Anji said...

cas: I was amazed that they still had it. I shall be sending them the updated version when I send back the signed contract.

GMG said...

At least they kept it...
I would love to see the Antarctic pics! By 1980 a friend organized a trip there, but I needed a month and couldn't go! Always the lack of time misery...
Have a great weekend!
Blogtrotter

Doris said...

We have buds here and I just hope that the frost or real winter doesn't suddenly kill them all off.

How wonderful to have an ex-student hold you in such high esteem or friendship they have kept in contact. Cool!

Good luck with the new work and I hope your son soon feels better. (Olivier is your son?!)

Anji said...

Gmg: I must get round to asking her. I've been rather busy this week.

Doris: We have blossom, daffodils and fog here today! She's the only one I'm in contact with. Olivier is full of beans now; he's 17 tomorrow (Friday) 'sigh'.