Friday, November 09, 2007

Not much going on...

I really haven’t felt like writing much recently. Nothing much has been going on, Dom went back to Poitiers on Sunday and Olivier went back to lycée yesterday. Rob and I have been really busy with the postcards, we don’t have time for much else.

Do you remember I mentioned breast cancer in my post about my visit to the Swedish Chef? I was talking to Dom about what he said and she told me that it was something she was worried about. When she was 5 or 6 years old (she'll be 19 next week) someone came to the house and asked us to sign a petition against extending the airport. One of the things he said (in front of the children) was that because of aviation pollution more girls would have breast cancer when they grew up. It stayed in Dom’s memory and I remember him saying it too. I hope what I told her the other day reassures her.

I did find something to say after all.

2 comments:

Voegtli said...

It is nice if you can find something to tell to sooth someone's worries. Even if it is something that might not "tenir debout".

Anji said...

Peter: Yes, but she's old enough to do her own research (She has access to the library of a teaching hospital now), I just hope she finds some reassurance.