Sunday, August 13, 2006

A blast from the past
I haven’t opened my diaries for a while…

Wednesday August 13th 1980
I went to the doctors, I don’t know why. I had a lesson on my brother’s bike, I presume it was his motorbike. I don’t remember ever riding a motorbike on my own, but I must have AND lived to tell the tale. I only weighed 9 stones in those days ‘sigh’.

Thursday 13th August 1981
I was reading Roots. I loved that book, I’d love to read it again. I used to take my mum to do her weekly shop (Thursday was late light opening) and we always popped into the pub on the way home. I wouldn’t dream of driving a car after a drink nowadays. I packed my bag as I was off to my friend Sarah’s for the weekend. I seem to remember sitting by the pool all day and getting very sun burnt, those were the days.

2 comments:

Anji said...

It works!!!!

Mary Lou said...

Yep it does!!! :)