Monday, September 12, 2005

Talking of sixteen
I’ll get out a diary from my youth, I haven’t done that for a while:

12th September 1986
I was pregnant with Christian so I couldn’t donate blood, but I went along with Rob anyway. The girls at the center were all really friendly so it was as much of a social occasion as anything. After blood doning you can have juice, a sandwich (baguette) and a tea or coffee. No doubt I was fed too! We aren’t allowed to give blood anymore as we go to England most years and there is a risk of transmitting BSE (mad cow disease).
During the afternoon I sorted out the baby things, aaaaaah!

1986 was a diary with papers in it. The invitation to the wedding of my friend in California, First communion cards from two girls I used to teach, Paris metro tickets, a love letter from Rob written on our brand new Apple computer(which we later sold because of static electricity) and three little hearts which must have been slipped in by one of the children years later with the message ‘I love you’. I’m glad I looked in that diary today.

12th September 1990
I was pregnant with Olivier by then. Wednesday was no school and apparently Christian was being a naughty boy. I haven’t put anymore details. There is a summary page at the end of the month. I wrote that Christian was driving me mad with knobs and dials on household equipment, he was probably touching everything he shouldn’t. I’ve just noticed that on the 30th September I wrote at the bottom of the page that I definitely felt baby moving! Oh, happy days…..

No comments: